Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Brown Lacewing (Hemerobioidea)

5/15/2012
dis is buggy, buggy sez hi
buggy keeps a ton of stuff on it's bag so it can blend with it's surroundings
woah, cool

Apparently... he might have been a larvae! I had no idea! I thought I saw some little legs or something. I mean I do... oh wait I found it! It's http://www.flickr.com/photos/lummydays/5125561965/ the same as this guy. My photos are not AS good but you can see a little detail maybe. HERE I found it, brown lacewing larva. It's not a larva like a butterfly, rather a little insect like thing that carries debris on it's back.  

"Trashbugs are immature brown lacewings. Like green lacewing larvae, brown lacewing larvae are predators, but some species cover themselves with debris and with the skins of their prey as a way to protect themselves from larger predators."
 cool. You don't see that very often! the species would be very difficult to determine because I don't have any defining characteristics about this guy
a little pile of trash walking? not quite





No comments:

Post a Comment