Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Amaryllis belladonna

4/4/2012
 My grandmother was very big into flowers. At her home in Live Oak, Florida, she grew many different flowering plants including Magnolia, Camelia, and Amaryllis. Her passion was Camelias. These Amaryllis Belladonna were originally planted by, and cared for by her. My mother, after my grandmother passed away, transplanted many of her plants into our garden. Many of these Amaryllis are directly from my grandmother's garden and grow every year, reminding us of her and her green thumb. They have been blooming for a few days now and are absolutely breath taking and fabulous. Thought I would share a few photos.
 Those green circular things are seed pods, which dry out and break open later into the season. They release a number of flat, circular seeds that seem to be a dried film of some sort.


http://www.projectnoah.org/spottings/10281795

No comments:

Post a Comment