Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Flat-Backed Millipede (Oxidus gracilis) II

4/4/2012
I had a nice little experience with the Flat Backed millipede previously this year. I blogged about it, here, and that was that. Until now... I saw the most ridiculous thing I may have ever seen. A colony of them? I have no explanation of what they could be doing all clustered together like I found them at the base of an oak tree. The tree forks apart like V and right at the fork, we have two landscaping lights for emphasis that my parents placed there. Here I found MILLIONS OF MILLIPEDES. Obviously exaggerating but seriously there were so many of them, all in this one spot. It makes me itch to think about. I tried to find something online about why they would do this, maybe proximity at birth or something I could not find anything.



http://www.projectnoah.org/spottings/10277887

No comments:

Post a Comment