Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Psathyrella (candolleana / incerta)

4/4/2012

Another of the caps from my backyard. Showed signs of being similar to the white dunce cap I found earlier in the month.
ID?
Psathyrella
Psathyrella candolleana

^^ I really think it is that but I will continue to look
Psathyrella incerta
^^ almost identical to P. candolleana except for microscopic features. So almost no way to discern which it is, for I am fairly certain it is one of the two.

Cap:
5.8 cm diameter
cracked edges like stretched too far open
convex/ shield shaped
gradient color from center of cap to edges of cap very light tan brown changes to off white

Gills:
attached
brown
crowded but symmetrical

Stipe:
straight
8 cm long
possible vulva but definately bulbous right at root base
root base very intact
hollow
1 cm thick

Other:
no sign of lactating
possible bruising on stipe

Spores:
grey-brown like gill color

No comments:

Post a Comment