Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Luridiblatta trivittata

3/7/2012
This little guy seems most likely to be a cockroach, or something of the sort. That's just what he seems like, I'm about to do some investigating however just to make sure I get it right. This guy has some pretty distinguishable characteristics. Here we go!
Luridiblatta seems like a possible genus however all the facts I can find on it say they are solely from CA. That won't work because I'm on the exact opposite side of the country, Florida. 
Phyllodromica trivittata fits the description perfectly, let me do a bit more research. 
Oh this guy is the same as Liridiblatta, the two options I found are synonyms. 
hm. I honestly don't know what else he could be. The only thing that irritates me is that I can't find any other sources other than bugguide. Which is a reputable source, don't get me wrong. It's just the wrong coast. I wish I could find a Florida version.
So I honestly believe that I found the correct identification. Just going to go with it. If it's wrong, it's at least in the ballpark. All the sources I found say they were recently introduced to California. If that is true it may be bad that I've found one in Florida. They've made it all the way over here? Then again I may be wrong with the ID. We shall see. 
this specific specimen seemed to have only one antennae, on the other side he had a stub from what looked like a painful experience earlier in his little life.


http://www.projectnoah.org/spottings/9489503

2 comments:

  1. I doubt that this is trivittata, looks more like a Blattella, maybe asahinai. Cheers
    Martin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a German cockroach

    ReplyDelete