Thursday, March 22, 2012

White-Marked Tussock Moth larva (Orgyia leucostigma)

3/21/2012
Took a nice trip to the Jacksonville Arboretum & Gardens yesterday, not expecting to take any pictures or do any spottings but I could not help myself. I was just going for a stroll with a friend but ran into some very fascinating species. Unluckily, I did not bring my camera so I had to take all of these pictures with my.... that's right, iPhone 4.... 5 megapixels versus my normal 16. That was difficult to work with. However, I try to make the best of every situation and simply sucked it up taking as many as it required to get a good shot. 

First off I ran into this little guy on the water fountain. They were everywhere... like at one point I looked down while walking and noticed one on my leg... Luckily I've seen them before and even know what they were! This is the White-marked Tussock Moth Larval stage. Beautiful, yes... annoying? absolutely. 


No comments:

Post a Comment